Saturday, February 7, 2015

12 weeks with TWINS!


Good news and sad news: I'm back with the maternity posts but I will only be doing them monthly (with a few random posts thrown in-between so be sure to check back often). 

How far along? 12 weeks, 2 days.

Size of baby: A large plum…but I've heard that twins grow at a faster rate so I'm guessing they are a tad bit bigger at this point.  

Total weight gain this month:  I've lost a total of 6.5 pounds since finding out we were pregnant. This is because up until a week ago I haven't been able to keep any food or liquid down (more on that below). 

Maternity clothes? WHY, OH WHY DIDN'T I WEAR MATERNITY CLOTHES WITH CROIX? And why didn't anyone tell me how much more comfy they are? I am barley poppin' and I'm wearing maternity shirts. I haven't made it to the jeans yet….but I have a feeling they are going to be coming sooner rather than later. 


Stretch marks? Well….no new ones yet but if I had to take a wild guess….I bet I will get double what I got last time and I'm ok with that. I'm still sportin' the ones from Croix's pregnancy. Loud and proud, my friends!


Sleep: The first 11 weeks of pregnancy were a doozy. I couldn't get comfortable in my bed. I would wake up and get sick and then have to try to get comfortable all over again. I'm so glad we are past that stage. 


Best moment this month:  Finding out that we were expecting TWO instead of ONE!!! 

Queasy or sick: ABSOLUTELY SICK! This pregnancy was WAY worse in the "morning sickness" department. I was definitely sick with Croix but my meds worked. I have been prescribed 5 different meds this time and NONE of them work successfully. I am currently taking Zofran and that seems to help the best. The first 11 weeks landed me a trip to the hospital.I was treated for dehydration. They gave me Zofran through and IV, a bag of fluids, a cup of water and a bag of gold fish (not kidding). It was the best decision we ever made. I was so reluctant to go but I physically could not get out of bed. I couldn't drink or eat without getting sick within minutes and that is no exaggeration. I was pale, losing weight and feeling useless. I was also feeling guilty because John was mostly taking care of Croix and I would spend my days laying in bed, sleeping. Sleeping was the only way to pass the time without throwing up. I am pleased to say that for the past week and a half I have been able to eat (random things) and I am getting back into my regular routine. I do feel queasy about an hour before my next dose of Zofran but that is NOTHING compared to what I was before. I am just so very thankful to be past that stage (and hopefully it doesn't return). 

Genders: We have an appointment on Feb. 21 but we are waiting to do a little reveal with the family (like we did with Croix) on March 1. We have just about a month left. I'm sure you can image the anxiety we are going through. John and I honestly do not care about the genders. We would love two boys, two girls, or one of each. We just feel so blessed to be able to carry two. 

Miss Anything: Not yet. 

Food cravings: I don't know if the cravings are ever going to set in this time around. Food is such a turn off for me. The other night, I had two ice cream cones for dinner. TWO. And I justified that with "one for each baby". Totally acceptable, right? John makes dinner most nights for him and Croix.  

Looking forward to: Seeing the babies on the sonogram next Wednesday, asking the doctor 1,000 more questions and of course the GENDER REVEAL! 

You  guys, I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that we are going to have TWO babies. I am so stinkin' excited about this. We are due August 21, 2015 but it's very possible that we could have them before that. This pregnancy has consumed my thoughts. I'm ready to find out the genders, decorate the nursery and for Croix to become a big brother! How cute is he going to be with these babies?! I CAN'T WAIT. Literally….I cannot wait. This time better fly by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment