Wednesday, August 28, 2013

36 weeks {9 Months}



Close up:


How far along? 36 weeks 

Size of baby: According to the ultrasound on Wednesday, Croix is 5 lbs. 10 oz. 

Total weight gain:  Gained 2 more pounds this week. Total weight gain: 34 lbs. OMG! I really don't think this belly can get any bigger than it already is. 

Maternity clothes? Nothing new. 


Stretch marks? On my belly and my girls. 


Sleep: Decent.


Best moment this week:  Seeing Croix's sweet little face during our last ultrasound appointment on Wednesday (see picture below). Next time we see him we will be able to squeeze and kiss his face! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No


Gender:  Baby Boy.

Belly Button in or out? Innie still...but I get more and more nervous as the days go on. 


Wedding rings on or off?  Bands AND ring are now off. 

Miss Anything? Too many things to name. 

Food cravings: Mexican: chips & queso!! 

Labor Signs: Nope! See below for my first experience getting "checked".

Symptoms: Same things: back ache, swollen feet and fingers, big belly, BIG FACE. See my face in this picture? It's getting rounder and rounder (that's my nice was of saying fatter and fatter). 

Happy or moody? Happy about meeting our baby soon and scared to death about giving birth. Literally...so, so scared TERRIFIED.  

Looking forward to: Holding this baby boy in my arms, squeezing his face, and kissing his cheeks until they fall off. 


My first official "weekly" checkup:

Well, I have known for a couple weeks now that on Wednesday of this week I was going to have my cervix checked to see if I have dilated any. Hmmm...how do I put this appropriately? THAT CRAP WAS HORRIBLE. I was not expecting that. Actually, I don't know what I was expecting. I knew the doctor was going to (pardon my frankness) stick his fingers inside of me to check my cervix but I absolutely DID NOT expect it to feel like that. Let me tell you something......nothing else can fit inside of my body at this point. absolutely nothing. It's too cramped in there and what I went through today was pure torture and no woman at 9 months pregnant should have to endure that type of uncomfortableness or pain. Now, I may be a wuss when it comes to stuff like this....but if you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a little comparison for ya: Your yearly exam x10,000. And I am NOT exaggeration on the x10,000 part. I was sweating like a pig and holding my hands on my face while the nurse AND Doctor were saying "it's ok...it will only last a second or two...just try to PUSH/push against me!" ...Push? Push against you?  I'm clinching with all of my might because you are practically KILLING me. I don't know how to push yet!! And I seriously have to work on that...I really couldn't focus on pushing under pressure. I was totally looking forward to these weekly appointments...now, not so much. I don't want to think about that feeling again until next Wednesday at 4:00. Now do you understand why I am terrified to give birth? I can't even handle the prep work....

Side notes: I cannot believe I am 9 months pregnant! When I hit 37 weeks next Thursday, Croix will be considered "full term" and could come at any point between then and 40 weeks. Crazy how close we are getting to his arrival. I am so anxious and I get anxiety thinking about him coming when I am least expecting it!! I would like at least a 2 day notice so that I can physically and mentally prepare myself. Haha. 

Check back tomorrow evening for a post on Croix's nursery. I felt like it deserved it's own post...because it's just so darn cute. 

Here is your weekly dose of cuteness: 


And here are the Moon's guesses for Croix's due date: 


No comments:

Post a Comment