Sunday, April 5, 2015

20 weeks with TWINS!


How far along? 20 weeks, 2 days.

Size of baby: Mangos! Baby A (Boy) is weighing in at 8 ounces and Baby B (girl) is weighing in at 7 ounces.

Total weight gain this month:  This month I gained another 2 pounds. Total weight gain is 5 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Maternity dresses all day, everyday. I am so sad I didn't embrace my belly while pregnant with Croix. 

Sleep: Sleep is going so wonderful and I hope it stays this way for a very long time. I am having no problems getting comfortable and sleeping all through the night…with the occasional bathroom break. 

Best moment this month:  Seeing our little babies at the hour and a half anatomy scan sonogram. More on that below. 

Queasy or sick: I am SO VERY HAPPY to report that I am NOT throwing up any longer. When I wake up in the morning I am queazy for about 5 mintues but once I move about I feel totally fine. Can I get an AMEN on that?! Being sick with a toddler to chase around is the absolute worst. I am so thankful we are passed that stage. Update: I talked with my doctor about the Zofran commercials I was seeing. Without going into too much boring details, he made me feel so much better about my decision to take the meds. The benefits of taking the meds (keeping food and water down so my babies are able to grow and get nutrition) out weighs the risks. He informed me that everything has risks…even the tylenol you take when you have a headache. The lawsuits are mainly for pregnant women taking a much higher dose than I was prescribed. And after seeing how perfectly healthy our babies are growing at the anatomy scan last week, I am confident that they are going to be just fine. 

Genders: We confirmed the genders (although we didn't have any doubt) this month. One BOY (Baby A) and one GIRL (Baby B). The Boy is considered Baby A because he is closest to the woo-ha cervix.

Miss Anything: Cold cut sandwiches…like crazy. Like….for REAL crazy. 

Food cravings: Over spring break Croix and I ate at Fat Boys 4 times. So I think it's safe to say I was craving BBQ this past month. 

Looking forward to: I am really looking forward to getting the twins nursery put together. We ordered the cribs and they should be here in a couple of weeks. I feel like I am behind with buying things for their nursery and that thought gives me anxiety. Once the cribs arrive, it's go time!! We have to clean out the "man room" and turn it into the kids (crazy that I get to say that…kidS) room. We have a lot of preparing to do for these two new babies. ONLY 4 MORE MONTHS TO GO!

We had our anatomy scan on March 24 and it was such a wonderful appointment  I always get excited to see our babies on the sonogram but this was like watching them on a movie. We saw every bone (literally, every bone) in each baby's body. It was the neatest thing to watch. While the nurse was scanning baby Boy we kept seeing a hand or foot pop into the screen….it was baby girl! She is a feisty little thing. She is taking up the most room and hitting and kicking her brother constantly. The doctor came in and told us that the babies look perfect which made me feel so relieved (since the scare of the Zofran). We will go back to this doctor a couple more times before the twins arrive and we are looking forward to it. The nurse there is MUCH more friendly than "Mrs. P" (as mentioned in the first twin post). 

Here are some profile pictures of the twinkies for you. They are just as cute as can be. 

(Baby Girl)

(Baby Boy)


Here is a little collage our photographer put together for us from the gender reveal: 

(Aimee Junnila Photography).


No comments:

Post a Comment