Sunday, May 3, 2015

24 weeks with TWINS!


How far along? 24 weeks, 2 days. 6 MONTHS! Can you believe that? It sure is flying by. 

Size of baby: According to my weekly pregnancy app the twins are the size of an ear of corn! 

Total weight gain this month:  In two weeks I gained 7 pounds. Total weight gain so far is 12 pounds. My belly has really popped this month. We go back to the doctor on Thursday so I am sure you could probably add another 15  5 or so pounds to that total weight gain so far :)  I looked back at my 24 week blog while pregnant with Croix and how crazy that up until that point I had only gained 6 pounds. So, two babies this time, double the weight at 12 pounds. I'd say I'm right on track!

Maternity clothes? I bought a pair of maternity shorts and jeans. THE most comfortable things I have ever slipped my belly into. I'm sad that I didn't fully embrace my belly when I was pregnant with Croix. I let this belly show its true colors---loud and proud!! It's poking out all the time. If it was socially acceptable to cut a hole in all of my shirts and let my stretch marks show I would totally be down for doing that. There is just something about letting your belly feel free that makes you feel so, SO much more comfortable. Trying to squeeze this thing in none maternity shirts or jeans is just not cutting it any longer. BRING ON THE MOO MOO's!! 

Sleep: Sleep is decent. I am waking up more frequently to use the bathroom. It's also a real doozy to hoist my up belly from one side to the other. I feel like a whale out of water when I am trying to switch sides and get comfortable. 

Best moment this month: 2 things: 1. Taking Croix to Disney World for the first time. My Mom and I took Croix to Disney and it was the absolute best time. I now understand why they say it's the most "magical" place on earth. I definitely wasn't a fan of Disney until I took Croix there for the first time. Having kids truly changes your perspective on everything. I had some tickets that a parent at school had given me. I knew I wanted to take Croix before the twins were born because let's face it…if I didn't take him before they arrived it would be another 2 years before he would ever be able to go. I'm so glad I did!! He had THE most wonderful time. He loved every ride with Dumbo being his favorite. He was so patient in the lines and my heart was so full when we were leaving the park that day. I want to remember that day forever. It was perfect. 2: Starting on the nursery. The cribs arrived and John (with the help of Croix of course) put them together. Things are coming along and its making me a little less stressed. I have bedding and some decor to buy but once everything is put together I will be sure to post pictures. 

Queasy or sick: I had a couple of relapse days this month (getting sick in the mornings). Other than that I am happy to report that I am feeling great! This is my favorite stage of pregnancy. Just embracing the belly and enjoying every moment. I really do love being pregnant (even though the beginning really stinks for me).

Genders: Still one of each :) Probably should take this question out because that isn't going to change. 

Miss Anything: Update: Don't tell anyone but I had a cold cut sandwich. It was so delicious---up until the very last bite. Most things are okay in moderation, right!? I also miss bending over and walking more than 5 steps without being out of breath. Three more months of waddling around feeling like a cow. 

Food cravings: I've been craving Sushi. John made tuna steak the other night and ate it right in front of me. Rude!

Looking forward to: Right now I am looking forward to ending this school year and spending the summer with my baby boy. There are days that I get tears in my eyes thinking about how much his life is going to change. He will be 22 months when the twins arrive. He won't be old enough to realize why Mama is having to split her time between him and the new babies. Somedays I feel guilty for wanting to have my children so close together but I keep reminding myself that being able to give Croix a brother and a sister is a blessing. A blessing that I am so very grateful for. I pray every night that he adjusts well. I know with time everything will work out and that he will adjust to having a 'new normal'. So, this summer I plan to spoil him rotten and let him eat all the "nacks" he wants to eat and do whatever he asks to do!


Here is our little man at Disney:


 And this is the face of the sweetest little boy yelling "byeeee" to everyone on the tram leaving the park. I'm so lucky he is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment