Monday, June 1, 2015

28 weeks with TWINS!



How far along? 28 weeks, 2 days. 7 MONTHS! Wow. Time is flying by for me!

Size of baby: Baby boy is weighing in at 2lbs. 2 oz. and Baby girl in at 2lbs. 5 oz. According to the doctor both babies are doing great and growing right on track. 

Total weight gain this month:  Well, I can tell you that his belly is pop, lock and droppin'! I know it doesn't look big in this picture and I can't tell you the amount of times that people tell me I look "small for carrying twins" but I feel LARGE and IN CHARGE! This month I have gained 7 pounds (2 of which are actual baby…so can we subtract those two pounds? haha). Total weight gain this pregnancy: 25 pounds. I'd say that is pretty decent but I won't jinx myself because I really packed on the lbs towards the end of my pregnancy with Croix. I have a feeling that is going to happen this time around as well. 

Maternity clothes? All about the maternity clothes. I can wear my regular jeans with my belly band but it's so hot outside. I have basically been living in dresses. 

Sleep: CRAPPY!! I have heart burn like a fat girl and cannot get comfortable at night. It's the worst. Sometimes, I am so tired and angry that I cannot fall asleep that I will just lay in bed and cry. Tell me you have done that before. So mature, right? Exhaustion has gotten the best of me lately. 

Best moment this month: Last week I got to see the babies on a sonogram. That is always my best moment. They are so adorable. Another great moment…we announced the twin's names. Creux Benjamin (pronounced Crew) & Callie Dee. Benjamin is John's middle name and Dee is after Dolores (John always called his Mom "D"). Callie is constantly kicking Creux and she tosses and turns like crazy women in my belly. Creux is extremely camera shy (we are never able to get a good photo of him) and is nestling down as far as he can get to steer clear of his crazy kicking sister. 

Queasy or sick: No sickness this month. Praise the lord. The only bad symptoms I am dealing with is the heart burn that I mentioned above and back aches. Carrying two babies around is no joke. It's an extreme work out…that is for damn sure. I underestimated all the warnings my fellow twin Mommas gave me. 

Miss Anything: I was craving beer the other day. I don't even like beer. 

Food cravings: Sushi is still at the top of the list. When these babies are born I am expecting someone to deliver the rawest sushi you can get with a big glass of Blue Moon. 

Looking forward to: I am looking forward to ending this school year (one more week) and spending all my free time this summer with Croix. I plan on spoiling him rotten. I did make some progress in the nursery (thanks to Kristen) but I am looking forward to getting some free time to shop for the rest of the items I need to complete that room and get it completely ready for C & C. Next on the list is to take over the "man room" and turn it into a play room. Poor John. 

At this point in my pregnancy I will be visiting the doctor every 2 weeks for a check up. Once I hit 35 weeks I will go every week for a check up. The doc says he will not let me delivery past 7/30/15 so the babies will definitely be here by then. I'm still up in the air about whether to try for a natural delivery (and by that I mean vaginal…NOT without meds) or go for a c section. My biggest fears for delivering via vag would be that after one baby comes out I would either A: be too exhausted to deliver the second or B: something happens and I get rushed into an emergency c section to deliver the second baby and have to recover from BOTH horrific procedures. Honestly. I don't know what I am going to opt for at this moment. I want to do what is going to be the safest for them. I am hoping that I will just have a gut feeling when the date gets closer and just do that my heart tells me what would be best and safest option. Either option I choose is going to scare the crap out of me due to what happened the last time with Croix (See his birth story and the post about going back to the hospital at 6 weeks postpartum because placenta was left inside of me---causing me to nearly DIE, literally). 

One more more thing… you know what's coming up dontcha?! THE DREADED "CHECKS"!!!!! See previous blog posts about those too. Nooooot fun when someone sticks their fingers arm inside of your vagina to see if you are dilating or not. I would like to skip that part this time. Think they would go for that? 

I think I will be taking photos more often (possibly every 2 weeks) and updating the blog more frequently. On average twins are born around 35 weeks. It makes me so nervous not knowing exactly when they are coming. If we were only having one child I would be certain that I would have to evict them like I did Croix. But, twins are a whole new ball game. If I deliver before 35 weeks the twins would be considered premie and we would have to deliver at Winnie Palmer because of the NICU unit (praying that doesn't happen). If they come after 35 weeks (considered "term" with twins) I would be able to deliver at Celebration (praying this DOES happen). 

Here are two adorable pictures for your viewing: 

Callie @ 28 weeks

Creux @ 28 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment