Wednesday, June 5, 2013

24 weeks {6 MONTHS}



Close up:


How far along? 24 weeks...S.I.X months. Can you believe that? 

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an ear of corn (or about the size of a Subway footlong) Baby boy weighs about 1.5 lbs...he is growing about 6 oz. per week now. 

Total weight gain:  6 lbs. I'll weigh again on June 18th and I'm scared, HAHA. 

Maternity clothes? Nope. Six months with no maternity clothes- Impressive. I told myself I must going shopping next weekend for some maxi dresses for this summer. And I think I'll break down and buy a pair of skinny jeans from Gap- maternity style!  Everyone tells me how comfortable those heinous elastic waist bands are...I'm not so sure I can rock those just yet, but I'll give it a shot. 


Stretch marks? No :) And good news- No line of Nigeria, or whatever that thing was called ;)


Sleep: Oh sleep. It's great one week and horrible the next. Lately, I have been tossing and turning A.L.L night long. I just can't seem to get comfortable these days. 


Best moment this week:  Picking out and buying the nursery paint color. We went with a dark navy blue. It's called "Navel" from Sherwin Williams. We are only painting one accent wall (the wall the crib will be up against) and the rest of the walls will remain the taupe color they were when we moved in. We John can't paint until we received the nursery furniture... which is going to be pushed back a little later than we thought. We are looking at the beginning of July now. I've very anxious to get this party started!! 


Anything making you queasy or sick: Not much anymore. Read this sad situation: I don't eat veggies. I have probably had broccoli ONE time since I've been pregnant and that's about as far as it gets with veggies around here. Ins't that horrible? What type of future Mother does that make me? I just can't stomach them. The smell or sight of veggies doesn't make me sick, but I just cannot bring myself to eat ANY of them! Don't worry- I supplement with vitamins! 


Gender: Sweet baby boy. 


Belly Button in or out? IN-NIE.

Wedding rings on or off?  Still just wearing my wedding ring without the bands. 

Miss Anything? Back to missing sushi ...and diet soda. Sometimes I have a diet soda and tell myself it's okay as long as I don't do it all the time. Then I make sure I drink about 10 glasses of water after to make myself feel better about that horrible decision.  I'd also like a glass a wine (or five) to celebrate the end of the school year!!  (Can I get a whoop whoop on that??)


Food cravings: Ice cream. This is nothing new. 

Labor Signs: No. But my books and blogs tell me that it's possible to start having Braxton Hicks from this point on. Wow. I'm scared. 

Symptoms: So last week after I said that I didn't have any more sickness...totally jinxed myself. I got sick on Friday morning. So, let's just not talk about sickness anymore. The back aches have totally increased. And lucky me...I'm getting acid reflux! Boy, that's a doozie. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Overjoyed. I know I've said this before, but I love waking up every morning. I love watching this belly grow (and boy is it growing) and I get so happy when this baby moves around in my tummy everyday. My friend brought her brand new baby boy to work today and I snuggled his sweet face. I imagined our baby in my arms the whole time. It was a great feeling. Only 16 short weeks and I will be able to hold his sweet tiny body in my arms. 

Looking forward to: Summer vacation! Although I am teaching summer school this summer I will have all afternoons off from 1:00 on and all Friday's off! :) I'm planning to have a very productive summer. I have an entire "Must Do Before Baby Comes List" that I need to work on. Some of those things include: reorganizing the pantry, finding a home for all the 'junk' in our spare room so that the new guest room can be moved into there, washing all of baby boys clothes, the list goes on and on. 



  • A blanket I ordered came in...and I L.O.V.E it so much (this fabric will also be his crib skirt).

  • Here is the color we are using in the nursery: Note: this is NOT our nursery. This is an image from Google. I just wanted to give you an idea of how dark it is against other colors. 





No comments:

Post a Comment