Wednesday, June 19, 2013

26 weeks




Close up:



How far along? 26 weeks 

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an Eggplant.

Total weight gain:  O.M.G. Friends and Fam!...Listen up. I went to the Doctor on Tuesday and when I stepped on that scale I couldn't believe my eyes. ..........I GAINED 10 POUNDS in a month's time. WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED? (I know...too many trips to DQ- that's what happened). The Doc told me that it was completely normal to have gained this much weight in a month...especially since I had only gained 6 lbs. up until this point. So now I am at a total of 16 lbs. He told me 25 lbs. was average. 

Maternity clothes? Not wearing any. Still haven't worn my new maternity outfit I bought last week and I am seriously thinking about taking the maternity jeans back. Who wears jeans in the summer...especially when they are 16 pounds over their normal weight?!?


Stretch marks? No 


Sleep: Sleep is the same. Tossing and turning all night long. 


Best moment this week:  Knowing that Little Baby Moon will be in our arms in just 3 short months. 


Anything making you queasy or sick: Negative 


Gender: Sweet baby boy that I am so anxious to snuggle with. 


Belly Button in or out? IN


Wedding rings on or off?  Bands off, wedding ring on. 

Miss Anything? Feeling normal. Being able to do normal things...like walk down the hallway of my school without feeling out of breath. 

Food cravings: Back to bologna. 

Labor Signs: No. 

Symptoms: Back aches are getting worse and I am experiencing a little bit of acid reflux this week.  

Happy or moody? Happy of course. 3 months is not a long time. I am hoping that it goes by quickly. 

Looking forward to: My first baby shower on Saturday...given by my sweet Mother-in-law, Dolores.

I had a sonogram scheduled on Tuesday to see if my placenta has moved away from the opening of my cervix. Unfortunately, the tech was sick so they called to cancel. I was totally bumped. I waited an entire month for this appointment. I know people get sick, but seriously...no back up tech?! HELLO. I still kept my appointment with the Doc and he told me that he would reschedule the sonogram for July 10th along with my Glucose test (yippy). He also told me that I have "a lot" of sugar in my urine. I informed him that it was just the Frosty from Wendy's I had eaten right before my appointment (Hey- it's summer- I'm hot as hell- and I wanted ice cream...regardless if I knew I had a pee test coming up just a few hours later). 

  • As I mentioned before the "dress" I wear every week is actually a tunic (a longer shirt). However, since I am a little on the short side I was able to pull it off as a dress for about 6 months. Unfortunately, as my belly grows the dress keeps inching upward. So, now I am officially wearing it as a shirt. And I think it really accentuates the bump this way! 

I wanted to show you a side by side picture. What a difference 10 weeks makes!! 
(16 weeks vs. 26 weeks)
Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment