Thursday, September 12, 2013

38 weeks



Close up:



How far along? 38 weeks 

Size of baby: Not exactly sure at this point. If I had to guess I would say between 6-7 lbs. 

Total weight gain:  Hey- I've got some strange news: I lost 3 lbs. this week...can someone tell me how in the heck that happens in the last 3 weeks of pregnancy?! Very odd but the doctor didn't seem too concerned about it. I'm happy about it, I'll tell ya that much....now my total weight gain is 35 lbs! :)  


Maternity clothes? Nothing new. I have 5 cotton dresses (1 of which is maternity) that I rotate daily. I'm really looking forward to getting back into my old clothes again.  

Stretch marks? Oh ya. These babies are growing and 'stretching' right along with this belly. Still pretty low, but definitely bigger than they were before. 

Sleep: Actually not a problem. Isn't that crazy? I thought it was supposed to get worse as the days dwindle down. I get up anywhere between 3:30-4:30 AM to go pee. I waddle myself across this house because I'm still sleeping in the guest bedroom and our guest bathroom is currently being renovated (again). Then I am quickly able to fall back asleep when I return. Getting rest is a great feeling. I love laying on my side. At this point my back and feet are about to break. 


Best moment this week: Going to the baby class. John and I decided it would be a great idea to take a "preparing for your special delivery" class. It was only $50 and the midwife at my doctor's office was the one giving it. It was actually very informational. They talked about everything from when to go into the hospital to how to take care of your baby during the first few days at home. It took my anxiety level from a 10/10  down to a  9.75/10. Hey- any little bit helps. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Negative

Gender:  Sweet baby boy. 

Belly Button in or out? Innie- but I have a little fat roll that sticks out. See previous week for explanation of "fat roll". Oh and my old belly button ring hole (that never closed up) is stretched to the MAX! It's so ugly. 


Wedding rings on or off?  Bands AND ring are now off. 

Miss Anything? My old clothes. 

Food cravings: Sweets and Mexican! 
Labor Signs: Went to the doctor again this week- NOT DILATING! However, I have been having some cramping which the doc says is "mild contractions". They are completely random and not coming at any sort of pattern. I don't think I have been having any Braxton Hicks though. I read that those feel like your stomach is tightening and that isn't happening. I hope I make some progress soon. I don't want to have to force this baby out of me but have a feeling he isn't going to come on his own! 

Symptoms: Back aches and swollen feet. 

Happy or moody? HAPPY. ANXIOUS. NERVOUS.  

Looking forward to: Our labor day. 14 more days. <--- OMG. This pregnancy has flown by!

  • So, I have to update you all on my experience of "getting checked" at the doctor's office. Well, this week I had an appointment with a different doctor. He is actually the guy who runs the place- the head honcho. Let me tell you something- I will let him "check" me for the rest of my life. First of all- he had me sitting in an upright position- CHECK! Second of all he did not sit down and get eye level with my ______!- DOUBLE CHECK!. Third of all he did the "check" and I didn't even know he was finished- it was THAT pain free!! . As always- I was clinching and holding my hands over my face. I looked up and noticed that he was taking his gloves off and I said "what? that's it?...did you check me?" He responded with a strange look: "Yes, and you are not dilating and baby is still pretty high up". I am not kidding when I say this was my exact response: "OMG. I DIDN'T EVEN FEEL THAT. WOW. THE PAST TWO TIMES HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE FOR ME. THANK YOU SO MUCH". He just chuckled a little and thanked me for coming in. I think he was a bit taken back because you know I said all of that in my high pitched/excited voice (which is why I typed in caps). 
  • Next Wednesday I go back to the doctor. Let's all say a little prayer that MY ACTUAL doctor will be as gentle as the last when I get checked. ...And also say a little prayer that I will be dilating.
  • For those of you wondering about what will happen to this blog...I will MOST DEFINITELY continue blogging. I have absolutely loved blogging about our pregnancy journey. Only 2 more "weekly" posts...crazy to think, huh?  I plan on blogging about Croix's birth story- and you KNOW you have got to come back to read that. I'm sure it will be a doozie. Then, when Croix comes I will try my hardest to continue to post weekly about his stats and "firsts". Then eventually, when he gets a little older I will go to only posting monthly. 
  • 2 more weeks. OMG. 




No comments:

Post a Comment