Wednesday, September 18, 2013

39 weeks



Close up:



How far along? 39 weeks 

Size of baby: According to "What to Expect" Croix is the size of a Watermelon. Should be somewhere around 7+ lbs. 

Total weight gain:  I forgot to ask the nurse for my total weight gain this week. I believe I gained 3-4 pounds this week. So let's just say total weight gain is somewhere between 35-38 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Rotating the same cotton dresses. 

Stretch marks? Yep! Got em'

Sleep: I went the past two nights without getting up to go pee! Get I get an 
hallelujah for uninterrupted sleep! Whoop. 

Best moment this week: Scheduling our induction date! See below for details. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Gender:  A Baby boy. Croix William Moon.  

Belly Button in or out? She's an innie still if you can believe that. I swear I have nightmares about waking up in morning and this thing being POPPED out. 7 more days to go. Stay in there little innie. 


Wedding rings on or off?  Bands AND ring are now off. 

Miss Anything? My shoes. I can't wear any of my shoes except one pair of sandals.  They are all too tight because of my swollen feet. 

Food cravings: Sweets. OH WOW! Anything with SUGAR! I may or may not have had 3 snickers bars this past week. That is just down right horrible. Who makes those kind of decisions? ;)  

Labor Signs: Not dilating but I am "40-50%" effaced. That is a good sign. At least Croix is making SOME progress!  I was also having a lot of cramping this past week and something I refer to as "vagina pains"...where I get sharp pains down there. 

Symptoms: Swollen feet and fingers and back aches. 

Happy or moody? Oh my gosh! So SO so SO so SO happy!! :) We seriously cannot WAIT for this baby boy to be here. One more week. Can you believe that? 

Looking forward to: Friday 9/27/13. Our scheduled induction date. 

  • So, first things first: MY doctor, Dr. Lemert, is NOT as good at "checking" as the last doc. I swear I wish you all could see me in that room. I'm so embarrassed afterwards by my behavior. I literally YELL the entire time: "oh my gosh. I do NOT like this"....while the doc responds with "well, no one does". Haha. Anyways...I am not dilating YET AGAIN but I am 40-50% effaced. At least we are making some sort of progress here. The doc tells me that at any point I could go into labor and to not be stressed that I am not dilating. 

  • Good news: We set an induction date! John and I, along with the doc, decided we would go into the hospital on Thursday, September 26, 2013 in the late evening and if all goes well we will be holding our little bundle of joy on Friday, September 27, 2013. Wow. Just typing that makes me so excited inside. We will have Croix in our arms by next Friday evening. What a magical moment that will be. I can't wait to kiss all over his little face. ....There is still a possibility that I could go into labor naturally by then. We will see. Will I make it to my 40 week picture????? :) 
Scroll down to read a letter to Croix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment